Sunday 30 January 2011

I'm loving my 'Presto Patterns' & Crop Nights

You just know when you've made a great scrapbooking acquisition when you've almost used the entire packet of mixed patterns up and are thinking about buying another. It took me a while to start using 'Presto Patterns Specialty Designer Series Paper', but I'm now officially obsessed! I have now discovered a really cool way to watercolour this amazing paper to create unique backgrounds without curling the paper! In previous posts I have sponged colour on and in our latest Demonstrator's Meeting, Amanda taught us how we can use chalk as well.

I really enjoyed playing with the products during 'Crop Night' whilst having a chat with the girls. For those of you who are not sure if 'Crop Night' is another language, basically it is a social get together where people bring what photos and cardstock etc they have. Using inspiration from each other and resources such as books, albums & samples, we all aim to scrapbook our photos. No experience is necessary to participate in Crop Night. I have some extra materials on hand to help things along too! Sometimes we create a storm and other times we spend more time talking and enjoying supper! Crop Nights are starting to appear on my event calendar and as they gather numbers, I will add in more sessions. Each Crop Night is strictly limited to 6 people including myself to ensure we have plenty of space and don't have to wait too long to use resources such as the Big Shot.

Did you know that you can dye trims & embellishments with Stampin' Up's Classic Dye Reinkers. I dyed this 'white' pom pom trim with Baja Breeze Reinker - very neat and easy to do! 'Word Play' Stamp Set is an awesome stamp set for scrapbooking quotes & titles, as pictured below and stamped with 'Cajun Craze Classic Ink. 'Baja Breeze Classic Ink' has been spritzed over the whisper white cardstock using a Stampin' Write Marker & Spritzer.




The flower accent was created with split cardstock, whilst the glittered letters were made with the supernova glitter and Big Shot dies as described in recent posts. The colours I used to watercolour the 'Presto Patterns' were 'Baja Breeze' and 'Pear Pizazz'.