Wednesday 12 January 2011

Another Scrapbooking Idea to Share


Definitely not a 'fussy la la' (Ursulaism) scrapbook effort, this double page spread accommodates an impressive 12 photographs. These photos were taken in 2006 of one of our favourite spots (Wellington Point) and really needed the 'just do it' approach.

The small photographs are trimmed to 3 x 4 inches and the larger photos are simply the standard 4 x 6 photo. The DSPs are taken from the 'Blueberry Crisp' Designer Series Paper, which really is not crisp at all, rather distressed so go figure. Anyway, I created the fancy mat simple by tracing it from another paper I had and then inking the edges in Whisper White Craft Ink and embossing to set - you could also use white craft ink. The title was done with the same tools used in my last posting, along with the smaller sizzlits to create the word "Island'. Shock Horror - I actually was brave enough to display my scrawl and journaled in a white gel marker.

Result? My kids loved it so I'm happy!