Monday 24 January 2011

Create everything you need


One of the very first things that attracted me to Stampin Up, was the idea that I could create any background, accents and titles that I wanted. I began this page with the very cool 'Presto Patterns Specialty Designer Series Papers' on page 10 of the current Summer Mini Catalogue. Having chosen the script paper, which is in fact clear embossed script on a white background, I sponged 'Marina Mist Classic Ink' around the page perimeter and 'Certainly Celery Classic Ink' in the centre of the page. I then blended these two colours with the 'Marina Mist' to achieve a graduated change of colour rather than a harsh line. I sponged 'Prettty in Pink Classic Ink' onto another strip of 'Presto Patterns DSP' which I edged with the 'Scallop Trim Border Punch'. I then used 'Tiny Tags' and 'Artistic Etchings' Stamp Sets to 'frame' the 5 x 7 inch photograph using 'Black Staz On'.


Fabulous Floral accents were created using the NEW 'Island Floral Bigz Die', which you use with the Big Shot Machine. I distressed each flower using a bone folder and then split each one into 2, giving me that lovely fuzzy textured finish on the pink blooms. The center of the fuzzy pink blooms was created by punching out a 3/4 inch circle, distressing, splitting in half, scrunching up and securing at the back with a dimensional. The daisies were created using 'Paper Daisies' from the main Idea Book & Catalogue with a 3/4 inch circle which was punched with a mini hole punch.


The 'acrylic style tag' was created using the 'Oval Steel Rule Big Shot Die' with 'Thick Window Sheets' on page 122 of the main catalogue. I then stamped a greeting from the very useful, 'Word Play' Stamp Set using Black Staz On, whipped up a 'cheats bow' and secure to the page with a combination of 'Crystal Effects' and Glue Dots.

It was pretty hard to rip the background page but I forced myself to risk it, inked it up a bit more with 'Marina Mist Ink' and rolled the edges back. I then filled the back with a remnant of 'Newspaper Print DSP", which I had inked with 'Marina Mist'. Easy!

Finally I created my glittered chipboard letters using the 'Simple Letters Alphabet' which is the Big Shot Steel Rule Die Set I have been using a lot lately. Before I cut the chipboard out, I covered it with double sided 'jac' paper, which would be the only element not available from Stampin Up - you might have access to another type of double sided stick paper or you could replace this with another glue that you apply after cutting the letters out. Once the letters were cut out, I simply peeled back the second layer revealing the tackiness and smothered with 'Aqua Fine Supernova Glitter' on page 141 of the main catalogue. I adhered the letters to the page with 'Tombo Mutipurpose Liquid Glue'.

I'm really happy with what I was able to create for myself using raw materials in the colour combinations that I wanted. If you don't feel game to try this at home, you can always stock up on the required products and come along to a crop night, where I would be happy to help you create this page.