Friday 28 January 2011

'Look - I've journalled'


I'll fess up - my biggest challenge with scrapbooking is journalling and I'll either leave it out all together or use hidden journalling panels. However, I really want my kids to remember details behind the photos and in the case of this page, journalling is vital as the boys probably wont remember this far back themselves.

This page features 'Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper' on a 'Cajun Craze' Cardstock Base. 'Razzle Dazzle' on page 69 of the 2010/2011 Idea Book & Catalogue is the coordinating stamp set to the DSP. Instead of the larger steel rule Alphabet Dies I have been using recently, I switched to the smaller 'Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Medium Sizzlit Dies', so that I could fit my titles on the page.


The accent was created using a chipboard circle covered with very vanilla cardstock and stamped using the 'Rock and Roll' technique using 'Sahara Sand ' and 'Cajun Craze' Classic Inks.



Here's a visual of some of the tools and materials I used. The 'Two Way Glue Pen' is the easiest way to stick down smaller die cut letters that I have found. It is kind of like a 'glue texta', with a nib that allows you to 'draw' glue on small areas.