Friday 28 January 2011

Demonstrator Meeting 'Make & Takes'


We had a really lovely Demonstrator Meeting on Wednesday night, joined by some new faces and visitors. The amusing thing was that I moved the meeting back to my home studio as I suspected the meeting would be smaller in numbers given it was a Wednesday and the first one back in 2011. Imagine my surprise when 18 demonstrators came and the expression 'you couldn't swing a cat' was very accurate. Luckily the table in my studio is pretty big and we all managed to fit around it and created our 2 make & takes. The first card pictured above was based on a scrapbooking page I created and posted a couple of days back, featuring the 'Presto Patterns Designer Series Paper'. I will be demonstrating this card in upcoming workshops and there are so many techniques and good ideas, I'm sure there will be something for everyone to learn & enjoy.

The next card we made, I designed using the new FREE Sale a Bration 'So Happy for You' Stamp Set, which customers & demonstrators will receive FREE with each $100 order spent (there are also 3 other designs to choose from). This card is simple & stylish and I will be offering this as a make & take at some of my upcoming workshops (I do have other make & take designs also but this is just one example). Beginners and experienced stampers alike enjoy cards that are easily replicated, with the opportunity to put their own personal 'stamp' on the design. I chose the colour combination using the 'Color Coach', but imagine the many different colour combinations that are possible!



Our next meeting, which is the last Saturday afternoon in February (we alternate each month between Wednesday evening & Saturday afternoons) is likely to return to the Wynnum Manly Leagues Club and I'll keep people posted on that. If you like the cards featured, book a workshop and experience the fun of making your own! Alternately, if you have ever thought about being a demonstrator, why not come along as a guest to our next meeting to see what it's all about. If you do not live in the Brisbane area, there are still lots of ways you can remain involved as a demonstrator and receive ideas & training, so do contact me to ask any questions you might have.