Monday 10 January 2011

Scrapbooking Pages to Share


My first scrapbooking 'Crop Night' on Saturday was lots of fun and a few of us recreated the page from the previous post. I used the remaining papers from 'Elegant Soiree' Designer Series Paper, which as it turned out, matched perfectly with a photograph taken of my sister in the early 70's. The beautiful butterflies die looked fabulous again, creating perfect accents accented with rhinestones on the larger butterfly.


I have a huge box of photographs that I am determined to sort through and scrapbook the most special memories. I have no intention of scrapbooking everything - just a selection of my favourite ones! As you can see, my taste in scrapbooking is fairly eclectic as I really love to experiment with all styles. 'Pacfic Point', 'Daffodil Delight' and 'Real Red' cardstock were the perfect canvas for my son's K'nex creations, accented with 'Bold Brights' Buttons and Simple Bigz Letters, which are Sizzix Dies exclusive to Stampin' Up!


I started this layout in Crop Night and finished the next morning. Small pieces of 'Nursery Suite' Designer Series Specialty Paper were used to frame, create accents and make a title for this lovely photo of my friend's baby announcement. I will put this layout in my 'People we love Album'. This is a library system outlined in Stacy Julian's book, 'The Big Picture'. I am giving a copy of this fabulous resource valued at $49.95 to demonstrators who join my team during 'Sale a Bration' before February 11th.


I created this cute pram accent, using a strip of pleated paper along with a segment of the scallop circle Big Shot Die.


These chipboard letters were created by covering scrap chipboard with Designer Series Paper and then running them through the Big Shot using the 'Simple Letters' Bigz 'Steel Rule' Dies. It is only possible to cut through this sort of thickness using 'Steel Rule' Dies. They are a bit more expensive, but pay for themselves before long as you never have any wasted letters or missing vowels again - simply make what you need.



I am having another 'Crop Night' this Tuesday evening, starting at 7pm and I'd love to see you there. I have 4 places available.