Tuesday 1 February 2011

Coordinate your way to Scrapbooking Success


Inspired by a magazine sketch, I created this layout starting with 'Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper' as my starting point or base page if you like. 'Pacific Point', 'Daffodil Delight' & 'Rich Razzleberry' completed this 'Sweet Set' of colours with the aid of Stampin' Up! Cardstock, inks & 'Printed Petals' Stamp Set.


I took advantage of both my Stampin' Up! Big Shot Alphabet Dies, to create the title and used Stampin' Write Markers to alternately colour the small border flower stamp in the 'Printed Petals' Stamp Set. How fabulous that Stampin' Up! makes 'Daffodil Delight' Satin Ribbon to PERFECTLY coordinate with my page.


I'd like to claim credit for this 'sweet' combination of colours, but credit must go to my very useful colour coach that came up with a combination I probably would not have thought to do. I'll let you in on another secret that might surprise you - I chose the sketch and colour combination before I found the photos. That might break every scrapbooking 'rule', but sometimes this is a fun way to scrapbook and if you have as many photos as I do, you will be amazed how easy it is to find the perfect photo match. Would you have guessed this is the way I made this page?



Here are the products & accessories that I used, although the 'Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper' and cardstocks are not pictured. If you would like to find out more about these products, order them or book a workshop so you can have a 'hands on experience' using them, I would love to hear from you. You can reach me on 0448 896 001 or email liz@danichbe.com