Tuesday 22 February 2011

Needle Books Revisited | Big Shot Fabric


If you are lucky enough to own a Big Shot, you will know that you can also cut fabric using the original or 'steel rule' dies. I am just so impressed at how easily you can cut modern shapes to create 'today's crafts'. I wanted to create a project for my 'Big Shot Club' that would convey many of the ways that you can take best advantage of the dies, when working with fabric. So, I took the humble needle book and reinvented it with Big Shot Dies. Specifically, I used the 'Top Note', 'Scallop Square' and 'Pennant' Dies, PLUS an assortment of other dies for embellishments, to create my version of a needle book. The irony of this project, is that this is a 'NO SEW' needle book as we used a hot glue gun to put it all together. How about that - non sewers can make a nice gift for their sewing friends!

Customers, who have purchased a Big Shot machine from me, are eligible for 10 FREE Big Shot Club Classes. If you already have a Big Shot or are working towards one, the cost of the class is $10. I will share some photos from the class tomorrow!


It's not just FELT that the Big Shot cuts, tulle is no problem for this versatile machine! The white pom pom trim is not Stampin' Up! but let's just say, watch out for a super cool new trim in the upcoming Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue. Be the first to hear about my catalogue launch by checking your emails and this blog!