Wednesday 16 February 2011

Craft Group Sharing Day


Each week at Craft Group, we have a different theme. This week it was 'sharing day', where craft group members have the opportunity to share a demonstration, a make & take, a show & tell, a plate of food or their company. I would just like to say our first 'sharing day' was really fun and we all took ideas away from our time together. My make & take was this gorgeous card designed by Stampin' Up! and published in our monthly demonstrator magazine - there are so many great ideas to be found in this demonstrator resource and I just knew craft group would love to make this card which showcases a technique where you make your own coloured embossing powder - simply brilliant. Bet you didn't know you can MAKE 'Certainly Celery' embossing powder! I actually have more of these make & takes ready to go, so if you would like me to do this at your workshop, please contact me.

I wont be photographing every craft group share day, as I might get lynched by my fellow papercrafters, but I wanted to celebrate our inaugural share day with some photos!

Marjorie instructed us in making a terrific card which was held closed by an 'origami' style butterfly. She was so patient with me as I struggled with 2 left thumbs! I was really happy with my card as was everyone else, so a big thank you Marjorie.


Kim taught a cool Easter punch art bunny! With Easter not all that far away, this was a great project that we all loved! Thanks Kim! An extra big thank you goes to Kim because she cut out many of the shapes by hand as she didn't have the punches! I could never have done this - one because of my failing eyesight and the other my lack of patience.


Now, who knows who this is? Well if you check out my blog links, you will be able to answer this question! The rather amazing, unique, incredible EYE PATCH sprung up an an idea from last week's craft group, where Kim taught us Sesame Street Punch Art, which led to a conversation about felt punch art and then to of course a COOKIE MONSTER EYE PATCH! The fact that this 'not so mystery person' made the eye patch with one eye, only amazes me more. But I've learned never to be surprised by this person's talents - I learned long ago they are limitless!


OK Kate, don't kill me that I posted your photo, but I simply HAD TO - I mean really how could I leave you out after you shared 2 beautiful 'Emboss Resist' cards with us. They were awesome and I especially loved the 'Sahara Sand' card. Thank you Kate!




Finally, thank you to our participants and providers of morning tea. I hope to see you all again at the next 'share day'. Craft Group is held at the Wynnum Manly Workers Club, Bognor Rd, Tingalpa Tuesdays during school term 10am till 2pm. If you would like to come too, please contact me on 0448 896 001 or liz@danichbe.com