Wednesday 16 February 2011

Plain & Simple Scrapbooking


As I am journalling this post, I realise I have cropped the bottom 1 1/2 inch strip of 'Whisper White' at the base of this layout - easy to do when you are photographing white on white. Never-mind, this is about generating ideas and not perfection! My new mantra for completing my scrapbooking UFO's (UnFinished Objects), that gives me permission to 'play' with the products I love & enjoy the process.

What I learned from this simple streamlined layout, is that when you have bold colourful papers, such as Stampin' Up!'s 'Greenhouse Gala' DSP, it is best to use small sections of paper or your layout will look too busy with patterns & colour overwhelming your photo(s).

"Antique Brads' do look absolutely stunning as a border feature, as does the addition of 'Fine Supernova Chocolate' Glitter to the small sizzlit alphabet. The glitter was adhered simply by applying two-way glue pen over the letters and smothering with glitter. As highlighted in a previous post, I used the 'Spritzer' to remove excess glitter.