Wednesday 15 August 2007

The Mini Album Tour Begins


'Because I am 4,
I am happy having more candles than my age'
This is the first double page of my mini album. Expect to see alphabet stamps used throughout the album. Alphabet Stamps are an excellent way to add titles and journalling because you never run out of popular letters and you can colour coordinate the letters.
Images © Stampin' Up! 1990-2007

'Because I am 4, I am big and tough and small and gentle'

This mini album is 8 x 8 inches in size and you will be beginning to see a formula emerge. Having a structure or formula for your mini album will not only tie the project together, but will also make it easier to complete. My basic furmula for the layout was to start with a 'basic black' mat of 8 x 8 inches and also 2 central mats cut from 'Confetti White' ans 'Going Gray'. I then added one colour that complimented the photograph, between the black and the two central mats.

Images © Stampin' Up! 1990-2007



'Because I am 4,
I'm not old enough to know how lucky I am to be Australian'

Stamps are also a great way to add elements, such as the stars, that tie in with the photograph. You will also be noticing another theme running through the album, which is the use of the new Spiral Punch from the Spring Mini Catalogue. It is wonderful and so easy to use, creating an interesting visual border.
Images © Stampin' Up! 1990-2007