Sunday 4 April 2010

Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch


Welcome to my latest card and I trust the photos above tell the story. My eldest daughter, Dana is wearing her most favourite t shirt, which is the colour inspiration for my latest card using the brand new extra large bird punch in the Autumn Winter Mini Catalogue. Dana is also standing next to my scrap drawers, which I purchased from K Mart. these drawers have proven to be one of the best storage items I have bought as they ensure no scraps go to waste. I can also let my children use whatever they like from these drawers without having to ask. I might share some of their creations with you over the Easter Holidays. I had a lot of fun making this card as it was a fun, colourful & whimsical card, using white embossing (friends 24/7) & Polka Dots Embossing Folder. FYI the word on the birds wing were stamped using the new 'Tiny Tags' Stamp Set.

Below is another whimsical creation - just having fun punching out my scraps - stamped images that didn't go to plan, a magazine page, and a bit of bright green for impact. Add a couple of buttons and I'm pretty happy with this cute card.

The card below is 'cased' directly from the NEW mini catalog and I had fun making this too. The Polka Dot Embossing Folder is used to texturize (is that a word? - well it is now!) half the card and the bird looks fab on the top note die.

Below is a card from Leonie's Blog made by Leonie's sister Jackie - how clever is she to make the bird punch wok as a Christmas Card. You can check out the full description by looking up Leonie's post at http://stampandscrapinheaven.blogspot.com/2010/04/crafting-with-my-sister.html

The next two cards are made by a US Demonstrator Ann Fitzgerald. Now she is one clever lady, figuring out that you can modify the bird pieces into a heliconia and a chick. Ann's full posts can be found on the following link http://annscreativemoments.com/