Monday 23 November 2009

Clean & Simple Ski Slope DSP


This is one of my favourite photographs from my skating archive. Whilst studying at university in Melbourne one of my part time jobs was that of an Artistic Skating Coach. The highlight of each year was the Christmas Show, where we all had the chance to create routines to entertain family and friends as well as give all skaters the opportunity to participate and have fun. In 1990 I created a routine based on the story of the 'Fantastic Toy Shop', where toys came alive at night. Jenny and Daniel Nisi played the lead characters, Tina and Pepe, along with some other gorgeous children and one adult who played the Toy Shop Owner.

Now I have the pleasure of pulling that photo out of my skating box to preserve and present it as one of my Christmas Memories. Certainly not a complicated page, I really like the bright colours and clean lines, created with the addition of Ski Slope Designer Series Paper (DSP). The Double Striped Baja Breeze Grosgrain Ribbon and Corduroy Button add a touch of whimsy. Both the 'Ski Slope' DSP and the Cordoroy Buttons are in the Spring Mini Catalogue, which ends on November 30th.