Monday 13 April 2009

Easter Report

The last week or so has been quite a blur and so I thought I would give you a snapshot of some of the highlights. Easter started early when my daughter Nicole and I assisted 28 Cub Scouts to make their Easrter cards! This task was made much easier, having been inspired by my friend Julie's blog, where she showcased punch bunnies. Below is the card that we made using the small oval punch and 2 circle punches, to create the cute bunnies. We used chalking pom poms for the tails, colouring the central tail with the Stampin' Pastels. We did provide a blue version, which most of the boys took up.  

The next day our Paper Angels Demonstrator Group held our 2009 2010 Idea Book & Catalogue Launch. It would be an understatement to say that it was a very busy afternoon, with plenty of interest in both the new catalogue, new 'In Colors' and the two make & take projects that everyone completed. The following photos are courtesy of Dianna Jap, who is a new demonstrator to our group. I am so grateful to Dianna, as I often miss taking photos which can be quite dissapointing after the effort that goes into organising these events. The day after the launch we had Dianna's First Workshop Launch which was a great afternoon. The photos also show you our lovely sample boards, make & takes, wonderful demonstrators and the lovely mary who was one of our door prize winners. A big thank you to all the demonstrators who helped, without whom this event would not have been possible.









Lastly, I thought I would share with you one of our Easter Saturday activities. My daughter Nicole and her friend Mimi, decided they would like to make some cards and chose the Wild About You Stamp Set (116438 $45.95) to work with. What I love about letting children loose with stamps is watching how creative they are and you will see what I mean when you look at the photos below. I sometimes spend way too much timke wondering if something looks just right, rather than just giving it a go - I'm sure you know what I mean. It also so happens that if you check out Shelli's blog on my link list, you wiull find that her guest blogger also usee this same stamp set to create some most gorgeous Noah's Ark Invitations.