Thursday 6 March 2008

'Lively Leaves' Leaving


'Gone - flitted away,

Taken from the night and the sun

From the day!

Gone, and a cloud in my heart.'

Alfred Tennyson



Continuing with my March theme of showcasing retiring stamp sets, we bid farewell on March 31st to 'Lively Leaves' (108861 $29.95 AUD), which may be found on page 86 of the 2007/2008 Australian Idea Book & Catalogue. This is a great little set, with individual stamps 'standing alone as in the above sample or used as a two step stamping technique. I really like this stamp set, beacause it works for either male or female cards. In fact the card featured above was made by myself, at the request of my husband as he required some thank you cards that he could send.


The card base is simply Chocolate Chip, with two thirds of the front face torn off. I have then mounted a Confetti White liner stamped with leaves overlayed with vellum paper, under the torn flap. I find that the vellum overlay works well to soften stamped images. Circle of Friendship (108767 $33.95AUD), which is not being retired has been used to stamp a jumbo brad.

If you would like any further information on these projects, or would like to order these stamp sets, please contact me at liz@nb.com.au or alternately phone me on 07 3348 9456 or 0448 896 001. I am offering 2 special bonuses to customers who spend $100 this month, so don't miss out on your last opportunity to secure retiring sets.


Images © Stampin' Up!