Sunday 3 February 2008

Dichroic Glass Pendant with a 'Touch of Spring'


Now you do not get much more 'Beyond the Page' than using a Stampin' Up! punch to create beautiful accents within a Dichroic Glass Pendant. Towards the end of last year a lovely friend of mine, Fiona, asked me if I would like to do a class with her at a local Art Studio. Having admired her beautiful pendants, I was keen to go. We had a great time as there ended up being a group of us, and so, like a Stampin' Up! Workshop, we had the added pleasure of each other's company. Once I was over the nervousness of cutting glass, I had a great time. By a sheer stoke of good fortune, I was delivering my friend Fiona's Stampin' Up! order that same day and she graciously allowed my friend Kathy (also a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator) and I use to use her 'Spring Flower' Punch to cut some Dichroic Paper to create accents within our pendants. How thrilled we were to make such an especially meaningful project - we had no idea that we would be able to use paper punches in such a class. Kathy also made a beautiful pendant (better than mine, I might say) so we may get to photograph and show that too.
Images © Stampin' Up! 1990 - 2007