Friday 4 January 2008

The Imaginative Mind


On Christmas Eve, our family took Grandma Beth out for breakfast at Sirromet. Although it was the day before Christmas Day, we had Christmas Crakers, made of course with Stampin' Up's beautiful Designer Series Paper. Including the crackers I made for Christmas Day, I made 21 of these Mini Masterpieces and although they were a lot of work, they were well worth the effort. Filling each persons crackers with personally chosen items really was wonderful, and were in fact a present in themselves. Making so many means that I have the formula 'down pat' for next year, although, I may not wait that long! A good friend of mine has pointed out that crackers are great at any time of year and why not make birthday crackers.
.

Anyway, as you can see from the photograph, the artistic merit of the cracker was not on my 5 year old son's mind. Benjamin quickly turned his emptied cracker into a telescope! How imaginative and wonderful.